I sign off in my emails with
#velocity instead of
Regards Here's why:
🏎️ Speed is a Skill
As Patrick Collins of Stripe points out, Speed is a Skill. It can be improved with focused effort over time.
Velocity permeates everything we do at Storytell, where I'm CEO. Our goal is to build the right thing fast, instead of the wrong thing right.
Velocity is Speed, applied
As I write in this post titled "Turning Speed into Velocity: Your Vision, Mission, Values & OKRs," velocity is speed applied in a specific direction. And that is what really matters in building successful startups: Learning and iterating a quickly as possible.
Go Deeper: Related Resources
FounderCulture has a number of related resources to help Founders learn and buidl faster, including:
- Asking "Is This Safe to Try?" for Decision Making
- Consent vs. Consensus: A Focus on Speed in Decision Making
- Type 1 vs. Type 2 Decisions
- The FounderCulture podcast, Episode 1: "Fall in Love With the Problem, Not Your Solution"
- Apathy: The Killer of Stage 0 to Stage 1 Product-Market Fit
- From Stage Zero to One PMF: Foundational GTM Motions