The Entreprenuers Gut Check
I just ran across an absolutely stellar blog by Jordan Cooper titled "35 Gut Checks When Founding Your First Company." You can read the entire blog here, and the 35 checks are below. They all struck me as so very true, especially #35.
Jordan Cooper's 35 Gut Checks... how many can you check off?
1) I tend to thrive in an unstructured environment
2) I am capable of teaching myself almost anything I want to learn
3) I do not need positive reinforcement from others in order to be happy/effective
4) I am primarily competing against myself
5) I am completely self-motivated
6) More often then not I get what I want
7) Money is not the primary metric by wish I measure my professional success/progress
8) I am comfortable living a life that most of my friends and family will not understand or be able to relate to
9) I am a fantastic listener
10) I seek out help at the first sign that I need it
11) Work is by far and away my greatest passion
12) I handle disappointment well
13) I have more energy than most people
14) I love to win and hate to lose.
15) The concept of "the path" revolts me
16) I am above no task or role
17) I have friends and family who will support me even if I do not give them as much attention as I should
18) I have no fear of running out of money
19) The word "can't" is not in my vocabulary. There are things that are extremely difficult to achieve, but nothing is impossible
20) Pressure does not derail me
21) I am not intimidated by anyone
22) I enjoy solving hard problems
23) I do not frustrate easily
24) I exercise regularly
25) I fundamentally believe in myself
26) I am highly experimental
27) I am a doer, not a manager of doers
28) Laziness and complacency disgusts me
29) I am an excellent judge of character and talent
30) I am rarely tricked. It is very difficult to deceive me.
31) I have an extremely low tolerance for incompetence
32) I have an extremely accurate perception of my strengths and weaknesses
33) I am not too proud to admit what I don't know
34) Everyday accomplishments bore me.
35) I am going to change the world