UPDATE: As of March 1, 2013, SOMACentral is moving to a new space (and we are too). Here's a first look.
PointAbout just signed a lease for office space in San Francisco.
We're just getting one office to start, so we have a presence out here. The place we picked is SOMAcentral, a brand new startup-friendly space right next to the AT&T Ballpark, in the SoMa district of San Francisco.
I was so impressed with the space and the concept that I wanted to share it with other entrepreneurs. Here are some pictures of the space, and I even made a video. Here are the deets:
- Six month minimum term, then month-to-month
- Everything is included except telephone. But utilities, internet, taxes, base rent, etc. is all included. Most people use their cellphones or get a VOIP phone.
- Offices with a window view are $1,500/mo (those are going fast)
- Offices w/o a window view are $1,000/mo
- Bullpens are $1,000/mo
- There is a parking garage in the building which I believe is $225/mo, and one across the street for $175/mo. I believe the building is working to get a group rate on parking.
You could probably fit 4 to 5 people in an office comfortably and up to 8 or 9 if you were willing to squeeze. Some of the larger startups are getting an office + a bullpen across from the office.
Here's a video I made of the space:
And here's a great music video showing off the space, by Bryan Fong of GoRockBridge: