On Thursday, I was on a panel at the Intel AppUp event.
- Frank Gruber - Entrepreneur, building a digital media company called TECH Cocktail; @FrankGruber also @shinyheart creators of @thankfulfor & @shinylobster also @DCWEEK co-producer
- Xavier Lanier - Publisher of notebooks.com andgottabemobile.com; @xavierlanier also @notebookscom and@gottabemobile
- John Bergquist - Community Manager at Soma Games andTheCodeMonkeys; @johnflurry also @somagames and@TheCodeMonkeys
- Daniel Odio - Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer atPointAbout.com (creators of www.AppMakr.com), @pointabout; http://me.DanielOdio.com also innovation-hotspot office atwww.1410Q.com
- Moderator: Amy Barton - new media communications manager for the Intel Software Network (@amybarton)
Key topics for the panel:
- Share a bit about how you've built community and engagement around your companies, websites and applications.
o What has worked for you?
o What have you learned along the way?
- What are tips for developers to get visibility for their apps?
- Any special tips/tricks for getting started in social media and web marketing?
- What is the best way to communicate with to consumers?
- How do you find your consumers?
- What about adding social media components to the applications,what should developers think about in making apps themselves viral?